The Royal Bar & Hotel in Morecambe, Lancaster, was evacuated while several of its guests were rushed to Royal Lancaster Infirmary for treatment following carbon monoxide poisoning

The Royal Bar & Hotel in Morecambe, Lancaster
The Royal Bar & Hotel in Morecambe, Lancaster

A hotel was evacuated on Boxing Day after guests collapsed due to a carbon monoxide leak.

The Royal Bar & Hotel in Morecambe, Lancashire, was evacuated yesterday morning and several of its guests were rushed to Royal Lancaster Infirmary for treatment.

Some have since been released while some are still being treated. The injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Kerri Smith, from Manchester, who works in Morecambe, said she and her extended family members had been staying in the hotel and another nearby venue.

The 45-year-old said she saw two young boys and a young girl from her family collapse, and rushed to warn staff at the venue to take action.

“My children and grandchildren were staying there and I went and got them out, and alerted staff to ring the fire bridge and get people out,” she said.

“I suspected it was carbon monoxide because of the way they were dropping like dominoes.

“Half of my family [were] in Lancaster hospital on Boxing Day.”

A spokesperson for Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service told Lancashire Live that they had been called to a reported carbon monoxide leak at a property on at around 9.30am.

“We were first contacted by the North West Ambulance Service. The ambulance service treated several people at the scene while our crews remained at the scene for around six hours working with Cadent Gas to make the property safe.

“A number of people were taken to hospital,” they said.

“The investigation has now been passed to Lancaster City Council.”

The Mirror has been unable to make contact with anyone at The Royal Bar & Hotel.

Lancashire Constabulary, Lancaster City Council and North West Ambulance Service have been contacted for further information.

Read More

Read More

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *